Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just Another Morning

Here's something that I'm sure all us college kids out there can relate to. It is our nature to put things off to the last minute, but thanks to the wonderful technology that is available to our generation, we can actually do that...or so we think.

We get our shit together, we stock up on red bull, and we set off to the library for the long hall...and then for some reason, every thing that can go wrong...WILL! Sound familiar? Well it happened to me the other day.

I parked my car at the library, and when I opened my door to get my backpack...I was greeted with a wonderful sound...the sound of my backpack splashing into the huge ass puddle that was right next to my car. So now everything's soaked, but I didn't have time to worry about it. But of course...the free fall to the puddle put my laptop out of commission...wonderful! So I spent 45 minutes of my morning trying to recover the files that I needed from my laptop, but it was more pointless than trying to convince a 16 year old girl on her period that she's not fat...exactly. But not to worry, I was at the library, I had an unlimited supply of computers at my disposal... or at least, on any other day I would have. Not that day! There was one computer available, and in all honesty my beat to shit laptop probably would have worked better. None the less, I flew through my work...some of the best work I've done mind you...only to be rewarded with...

SYSTEM FAILURE: ERROR WHILE PROCESSING SAVED DATA
Restarting Machine Now

Yup...You gotta be f*cking kidding me!
Ahhh technology. Always there to kick you in the balls in your weakest moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment